How to Take CBD Oil for Optimal Benefits
Learn how to take CBD oil correctly and maximize its potential benefits with our comprehensive guide. Explore effective methods and key tips.
Understanding CBD Oil
So, you’re here to find out the best way on how to take CBD oil? CBD oil, known for its myriad of health benefits, has taken the wellness industry by storm. However, deriving these benefits is contingent upon proper consumption and usage of this amazing compound. This guide will help you unlock the full potential of CBD oil.
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a compound found in hemp and cannabis plants. When extracted and mixed with a carrier oil, such as coconut or hemp seed oil, we get CBD oil. This non-psychoactive product comes in three forms: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, and CBD Isolate. These different types cater to individual preferences, tolerance levels, and intended benefits such as pain relief, anxiety reduction, and improved sleep quality.
While cannabis plants (including both marijuana and hemp) are the most well-known sources of CBD, another plant that contains CBD is Helichrysum umbraculigerum. Native to South Africa, this plant has been found to have cannabidiol in its makeup. However, it's important to note that the concentration of CBD in Helichrysum umbraculigerum is much lower compared to cannabis plants. Therefore, cannabis, particularly hemp, remains the most commercially viable and common source of CBD. If you’re a complete beginner to CBD, check our beginners guide to CBD Oil.
Determining Your CBD Dosage
Just like any wellness product, the rule of thumb with CBD oil is: the right dosage is key. Factors to consider include body weight, concentration of CBD in your product, and the desired effects. As a general guideline, you could start with a small dosage and increase gradually until you find your 'sweet spot'.
The appropriate dosage of CBD can vary greatly depending on various factors including body weight, individual metabolism, and the specific health issue you're addressing. However, a common approach when starting to use CBD is to begin with a low dose and gradually increase it if needed. Here's a general guideline, but please note that these are just estimations and personal circumstances may vary. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.
- Light Dose
- For individuals weighing less than 130 lbs: Start with 11mg to 17mg
- For individuals weighing between 130 to 230 lbs: Start with 18mg to 27mg
- For individuals weighing over 230 lbs: Start with 23mg to 45mg
- Moderate Dose
- For individuals weighing less than 130 lbs: Try 18mg to 23mg
- For individuals weighing between 130 to 230 lbs: Try 27mg to 45mg
- For individuals weighing over 230 lbs: Try 50mg to 60mg
- Strong Dose
- For individuals weighing less than 130 lbs: Try 23mg to 50mg
- For individuals weighing between 130 to 230 lbs: Try 45mg to 70mg
- For individuals weighing over 230 lbs: Try 60mg to 100mg
Please note that these are not definitive dosages and everyone's response to CBD is different. It's important to 'start low and go slow' with CBD oil, gradually increasing your dosage until you achieve the desired effects. You should also consider the concentration of CBD in the product you are using. Wondering if you can overdose on CBD Oil, find out here!
How to Take CBD Oil – Consumption Methods
Whether you're a fan of direct application or favor a subtle approach, there are several ways to take CBD oil. The sublingual method involves placing drops under your tongue, while ingesting entails incorporating CBD into your meals or drinks. Topical application is perfect for targeting specific areas, and inhalation provides the quickest effect but might not be suitable for everyone.
- Sublingual: Drops of CBD oil or tincture are placed under the tongue where it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream. This is a common method due to its quick and effective results.
- Ingestion: CBD can be added to food or drinks, consumed in capsule form, or eaten as gummies or other edibles. It’s a simple and familiar method of consumption, but it might take longer for the effects to kick in as the CBD needs to pass through the digestive system first.
- Topical Application: CBD oil can be applied directly to the skin in the form of creams, lotions, or balms. This method is mostly used for localized pain relief, skin conditions, or inflammation.
- Inhalation: CBD can be vaped or smoked, allowing for quick absorption into the bloodstream through the lungs. This method provides immediate effects, but it may not be suitable or recommended for everyone, especially for those with respiratory conditions.
- Transdermal Patches: These patches are placed on the skin, allowing CBD to enter the bloodstream through the dermal layers. This method is excellent for sustained release of CBD over a prolonged period.
Remember that the best method of consumption largely depends on your personal preference and the reason for using CBD. Also you can check this article out, if you’re curious about the benefits of CBD Oil.
How to Store CBD Oil
Storing CBD oil correctly is essential to maintain its potency. Keeping it away from sunlight, excessive heat, and air exposure can help prevent the breakdown of its active compounds. The proper storage of CBD oil can significantly influence its potency and longevity.
Here are a few essential tips:
- Avoid Sunlight: CBD oil should be stored in a cool, dark place as exposure to sunlight can lead to the breakdown of the cannabinoids (including CBD), reducing its efficacy. The dark glass bottles in which many CBD products are packaged are not just for aesthetic reasons but are actually intended to protect against light damage.
- Keep Away from Heat: Just like with sunlight, heat can also degrade the product. So, try not to store CBD oil near appliances that produce heat or areas with high temperature, such as windows or a car dashboard.
- Avoid Air Exposure: Oxygen can also contribute to the degradation of cannabinoids. Most CBD oil products are packaged in airtight bottles to help minimize air exposure. Make sure to secure the cap tightly after each use.
- Refrigeration Isn't Generally Necessary: While refrigerating CBD oil is not typically necessary, it can help to extend shelf life if you're not planning on using the oil for an extended period. Be sure to watch out for any changes in smell, texture, or color as these may indicate that the oil has degraded.
- Freezing CBD Oil: Freezing CBD oil is also possible and might extend its shelf life. However, it can also make the oil become thicker and more difficult to use, especially in the case of tinctures.
- Repackaging: It is generally not recommended to repackage CBD oil into smaller containers as this increases the risk of contamination, degrades the oil due to increased air exposure, and could potentially cause leakages.
In essence, for the best preservation of CBD oil, think of it like an excellent, extra virgin olive oil - it is best kept in a cool, dark place, away from heat and sunlight. And always make sure the cap is tightly sealed to prevent air exposure. Remember, proper storage can make your CBD oil last longer and keep it more effective.
Things to Consider When Buying CBD Oil
Not all CBD oils are created equal. Paying attention to the sourcing, extraction methods, third-party lab results, and product labels can save you from low-quality products and ensure you’re getting your money's worth.
When it comes to investing in CBD Oil, not all products are created equal. It's essential to take sourcing, extraction methods, third-party lab results, and product labels into account to avoid low-quality products and ensure maximum value for your money.
That's where Eden's Herbals and EHDeltacomes in. This trusted brand is committed to delivering tested, pure CBD products, eliminating any guesswork for you. Our robust range of offerings means there's a product suited for everyone, from CBD novices to experienced users.
Eden's Herbals takes great pride in our transparent sourcing and extraction methods, always ensuring the highest quality standards are met. Plus, we provide third-party lab results for their products, ensuring what you see on the label is precisely what you're getting. This transparency allows you to make an informed choice, knowing you're opting for a safe, effective, and high-quality product.
So, the next time you're considering buying CBD oil, remember to choose a brand like Eden's Herbals, where quality, transparency, and customer satisfaction are top priorities.
Parting Thoughts on Taking CBD Oil Correctly
Understanding how to take CBD oil appropriately is the first step towards harnessing its potential benefits. Whether you're exploring it for therapeutic purposes or general wellness, the key lies in personalizing your experience and being patient with the process. And remember, when it comes to CBD oil, the journey is just as important as the destination.