Vaping is the newest and one of the easiest ways to get your daily CBD. Because of their portability and ease of use, vapes have taken the industry by storm. Best of all, vaping is one of the fastest ways to feel the effects of CBD, as it bypasses the digestive tract and makes a beeline to your Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
Vape popularity has caused one issue with many CBD e-juice smokers; however - vape oil can be expensive. This post will cover the benefits of vape smoking and CBD and give you an easy DIY vape oil recipe.
Even if you're brand new to the CBD world, you'll learn a simple and fun way to make vape juice. Heck, you'll at least know about CBD's benefits and maybe get some pointers on which type of CBD might work best for you. Keep reading to learn more!
What Are The Benefits of DIY Vape Oil?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of two primary compounds, or cannabinoids, found in cannabis. Once you feel the effects of CBD and notice how it improves your quality of life, many still want to find the best value. The main benefits of making your own vape oil include the following:
1. Save Money
As the cost of living increases, many are looking for more accessible and cheaper ways to cut corners. The DIY industry has benefited tremendously, which is precisely why we wrote this article. By making your own vape oil, you'll save money on the bottle and the cost of shipping and gas.
Making your own CBD vape juice is very affordable - especially when you also have to consider the cost of CBD vape cartridges. Some CBD vape oils go for $0.15 per mg, meaning DIY CBD vape oil is a much better bargain.
2. Control Propylene Glycol & Vegetable Glycerin Ratios
Another reason to make your vape oil is greater control over PG and VG ratios.
What Are PG/VG Ratios?
Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are two main ingredients in CBD vape juice. They act as carrier oils - the substance that helps deliver the CBD more efficiently.
By controlling the PG/VG ratio, you can create smoother or harsher vapes according to your taste. Standard PG/VG mixes are 70% to 30%.
3. Make Your Own Flavors
One of the best parts of making your own vape juice is experimenting with flavors. Your only limitation is your imagination. You might impress yourself with how creative you can be with this step.
4. No Impurities
When choosing your CBD ingredients, you can buy from reputable vendors. Eden's Herbals, for example, sources all our CBD from organic farms - meaning your ingredients are tested to be free of pesticides and impurities.
What Are The Main Ingredients of CBD Vape Oil?
CBD vape oil is made using CBD and other ingredients, like carrier oils, which help deliver the end product to your lungs. Other ingredients include the following:
- CBD Isolate: Most CBD vape oils come with CBD isolate, an almost pure type of CBD in crystallized form.
- Full-Spectrum CBD: For more potent vape oils, you can add full-spectrum CBD. Research shows that full-spectrum CBD might be more effective in treating certain conditions than CBD isolate.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): After you choose your CBD, you'll need a carrier oil. PG is a popular choice because it easily dissolves CBD Isolate. It's also considered safe to use by the FDA.
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG): Vape smokers like this carrier oil because it's made from plant-based ingredients - meaning it's smoother on the throat and lungs.
- MCT Oil: Lastly, MCT is a popular carrier oil because it's tasteless and odorless, meaning it can blend easily with any flavoring.
- Favorite Flavors: CBD contains terpenes, which give plants their aroma and flavor. There are an almost unlimited amount of flavors you can experiment with.
Can I Put My CBD Oil Directly In a Vape?
No. Don't put CBD oil directly in a vape. CBD oil is strictly for topical use, such as CBD lotions or salves. You can also use CBD edibles, like gummies.
But, again, you can't inhale CBD oil. CBD vape oil does contain CBD, as we'll soon show, but not CBD oil. Inhaling any CBD oil could be harmful to your health.
CBD Vape Oil Recipe
For an easy DIY vape oil recipe, follow these simple steps.
What You'll Need Before Starting:
- Mesh strainer
- Mortar & pestle
- Medium-sized container
- Glass storage bottle
- Digital scale
- 1000 mg CBD isolate powder
- 15 ml propylene glycol (PG)
- 15 ml vegetable glycerin (VG)
- 3 ml of your favorite terpene
How To Make
1. Add PG into the container.
2. Measure out 1000 mg of CBD isolate.
3. Pour into a container with PG mixture.
4. Shake the mixture together until no particles are visible.
5. Using your syringe, add 15 ml of vegetable glycerin into the mixture.
6. Shake all ingredients together until well blended.
7. Add in your favorite terpenes and flavorings and shake again.
You can store your mixture in a glass bottle with a dropper. Once ready to smoke, take 30 ml of solution and insert it into your vape device.
What Terpenes Should I Use For CBD Vape Oil?
This all depends on your preferences. Standard terpenes include the following flavor profiles:
- Limonene: Sour, like a lemon.
- Pinene: Piney, outdoorsy.
- Terpinolene: Floral aroma.
- Humulene: Natural, hop-like flavor.
- Myrcene: Fruit and apples.
- Linalool: Herbal and 'earthy' aroma.
- Menthol: Cooling and refreshing.
Remember one thing - CBD is fun and has several potential health benefits! Thanks to the Farm Bill Act of 2018, CBD is also legal and won't get you high. You will, however, enjoy many benefits, including:
When choosing your CBD isolate, pick a brand that uses third-party testing, ensuring purity and quality. All our CBD isolate products come with a certificate of analysis and are sourced from organic hemp farms right here in the U.S.!
If you want to learn more about how to make your own CBD vape oil, contact Eden's Herbals at email@example.com today!
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers or doctors not directly affiliated with Eden's Herbals.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking CBD. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication that is not FDA-approved.