How Long Do CBD Gummies Take To Start Working
Unlike CBD oil, CBD gummies are processed through your liver, meaning they take longer to metabolize. Most people will feel the effects within an hour after taking a CBD gummy, but other factors can speed or slow that time down.
In this post, we’ll explore CBD “kick-in” times, why gummies take longer than CBD oil, and the benefits of CBD gummies. Additionally, to receive its maximum benefit, we’ll provide a general guide on how many CBD gummies you should take (based on your body composition and therapeutic need).
Why Use CBD Gummies?
Even though they take longer to kick in, CBD gummies last longer than CBD oil. They’re also fun to take the edge off or just enjoy as a tasty treat. CBD gummies are especially great for those who don’t want to vape and are more comfortable knowing exactly what goes inside your body.
Our gummies, for example, contain 99% pure CBD extract, sourced from American grown, organic hemp free of pesticides. Other reasons to opt for gummies include:
- They’re Discreet: If you have a job, for example, that does drug testing, CBD gummies can be a discreet way to get your CBD without cause for trouble. Although drug testing rarely looks for CBD, gummies can be a safer alternative than oil or vape.
- Health Benefits: CBD provides numerous health benefits. The FDA recently approved a CBD-based drug for the treatment of epilepsy, and several other studies have shown CBD may help symptoms associated with diabetes, arthritis, and insomnia, to name a few.
- Convenient: CBD gummies and edibles are much easier to ingest than oil. There’s no need for a dropper as each gummy provides your CBD dosage.
- Taste Like Candy: Most CBD edibles come in different flavors. Eden’s Herbals has 12 different flavors in our standard gummy packs, and we also offer Eve’s Sour Apple, our biggest seller. You’ll experience the same taste sensations as you would with candy.
- Have Long Shelf Life: In addition to CBD extract, CBD gummies are made with gelatin and a carrier oil, like coconut oil, which helps retain their shelf life, as long as you store them away from light.
When Do I Start Feeling the Effects of CBD Gummies?
As mentioned, most CBD gummies start taking effect within an hour but can be as soon as 30 minutes. Some CBD gummies, like ours, contain carrier oils, which can speed the gummies’ metabolization. A good rule of thumb, give your gummies about half an hour to work on an empty stomach.
If you have a fast metabolism, you can bring your time to as early as 15 minutes. Of course, some people’s ECS, or Endocannabinoid System, reacts more strongly to CBD. The ECS is a system of complex neurons present in all animal life and regulates our biological functions, like mood and sleep.
How Long Do the Effects Last?
CBD gummies will last around 6 hours, but you’ll want to consider a few factors, such as:
- Your body weight and body fat percentage.
- Your metabolism.
- If you’ve taken them on a full or empty stomach.
- CBD potency per gummy.
For example, if you have a normal weight but don’t exercise regularly, you may have a higher body fat content than your weight suggests. Because we store CBD in our fat cells, people with higher body fat take longer to rid CBD from their bodies.
If you suck on your gummy, this will also increase your absorption time, potentially helping the effects last for up to 12 hours. You’ll reach your optimum levels of CBD absorption around two hours after ingestion, which is when you’ll feel the most potent effects, such as calmness and less anxiety.
CBD Gummy Kick-In Time vs. CBD Oil
CBD gummies have a slower absorption rate than CBD oil for two reasons.
- CBD Oil is absorbed through the mucous membrane, skipping your digestive tract. Apart from CBD vapes, this is the fastest way to see results.
- CBD Gummies are first absorbed through the liver, meaning a longer delivery time and a longer-lasting effect.
How To Find The Best CBD Gummy Dose
As always, start small and work your way up as you feel more comfortable. There’s little to no risk of overdosing on gummies. You’d have to drink around ten entire bottles of high-strength CBD oil to have any adverse effects. CBD gummies, like ours, contain much less mg per serving than your typical bottle.
While The World Health Organization (WHO) considers CBD to be safe and well-tolerated, using a chart can be helpful to know exactly how much you need. For starters, take one gummy at a time (5-10 mg), and see how your body responds. Once you’re comfortable, you can increase the dosage until you hit your sweet spot.
Use the following to help find the right CBD gummy dosage.
- 100 Pound Person (empty stomach): 5 mg or one gummy every 2-4 hours at first.
- 150 Pound Person (empty stomach): 10 mg gummy every 2-4 hours
- 200 Plus Pounds (empty stomach): Two 10 mg gummies every 2-4 hours.
Wait one week and adjust your dose accordingly. You can also tweak your dose based on whether you’ve eaten beforehand.
Where Do I Find The Best CBD Gummies?
When shopping, look for companies that have a certificate of analysis. An analysis certificate ensures your CBD, such as our gummies, THC-Free. Additionally, an independent lab analysis ensures your CBD is free of impurities, such as chemical solvents or pesticides.
Final Word: How Long Do CBD Gummies Take To Start Working?
In most cases, you’ll notice CBD gummies kick in around the 30-minute mark. After that, you’ll generally feel the calmest and most potent “hit” take effect around the three-hour mark (when peak blood absorption rates occur). Finally, you’ll notice the effects start to wear off around the 6-hour mark.
CBD gummies are a tasty way to get your CBD needs met without being bothered with oils or vapes. You can hide them pretty easily as well. Most people will see fast results, just not quite as fast as an oil or vape. The good news is they tend to last longer and come in several different flavors.
If you want to learn more about how long it takes for CBD gummies to start working, contact Eden’s Herbals at [email protected] today!
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers or doctors not directly affiliated with Eden’s Herbals.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking CBD. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication that is not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.