CBD Pills and Capsules [Buyers Guide]
CBD has become one of the most common natural remedies for many diseases. Cannabidiol is one of the elements present in the hemp plant. Hemp is known for its high amounts of CBD and low amounts of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
Unlike THC, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects, meaning that it does not give you a high feeling. It is known to create a calm and relaxed feeling. It comes in different forms, including CBD oil, lotions, creams, pills, and capsules.
CBD pills are cannabidiol taken in a pill or gel capsule form. CBD capsules are available in two different forms soft gel capsules and CBD isolates. Softgel capsules are filled with CBD oil, while CBD isolate comes in a powder-like substance packed in soft gel capsules.
CBD pills, on the other hand, are hard compounded pills containing cannabidiol. CBD pills and capsules are the perfect choices if you want to take CBD without any taste.
How Are CBD Pills Different From Other CBD Products
Method of ingestion
The main difference between CBD pills and other CBD products is the method of ingestion. CBD pills and CBD capsules are swallowed and have to go through the digestive tract before being absorbed into the blood. That means it takes longer for you to feel the effect.
On the other hand, CBD oil is sublingual, meaning you place it under the tongue and wait for a few minutes before swallowing. Since you do not have to swallow it, it is absorbed into the bloodstream faster via the capillaries in the mouth.
With CBD oil, CBD water, or CBD tinctures, the dosage must be measured each time. Most tinctures make this easy with convenient droppers included. However, CBD pills and capsules make it even easier by giving a set dosage in every pill.
CBD pills and capsules are easy to take, and you can take them anywhere, unlike CBD oil. It is easy for you to integrate them into your daily routine. They can be taken anywhere very discreetly.
You can be sure that the taste of CBD oil will not be a problem when taking CBD pills and capsules because they are tasteless. While CBD oil, especially when mixed with the correct carrier oil, is very mild and many people enjoy the flavor, there are always going to be some who do not like it.
Types Of CBD Pills And Capsules
CBD Isolate Pills
These contain pure CBD and no THC. The manufacturers remove all other cannabinoids present in the hemp plant. These isolate capsules and pills are good for people who take drug tests regularly and don’t want to test positive.
CBD Full Spectrum Pills
These capsules and pills contain not only CBD but also other beneficial cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. The extraction and manufacturing process of the full-spectrum capsules and pills is simpler than that of the CBD isolate capsules and pills.
Full-spectrum capsules and pills contain at most 0.3% THC, which is legal and does not have any psychoactive effects. Before purchasing full-spectrum CBD capsules and pills, ensure you confirm the THC level.
CBD Broad Spectrum Pills
These contain CBD plus other cannabinoids compounds apart from THC. That ensures that you get all the health benefits of full-spectrum CBD capsules and pills without worrying about the psychoactive effects of THC.
How To Use CBD Pills And Capsules
Using CBD pills and capsules is very straight forward because they are consumed like normal pills. Simply put them into your mouth and swallow them with water. If you just started using them, it is best to start with low dosages and progressively increase until you find the right dosage.
Also, ensure that you close the lids tightly and store them in a cool, dry, and dark place.
Benefit Of CBD Pills
Longer Lasting Effects
Since CBD capsules and pills have to go through the digestive process, they are slowly absorbed into the bloodstream, which means that the effects will last longer than other forms of CBD directly absorbed into the bloodstream.
No Psychoactive High
Since CBD pills and capsules contain little or no amounts of THC, they do not create any psychoactive high when taken.
Discrete and Easy Consumption
Unlike CBD oil, which you might feel uncomfortable consuming in front of many people, you can use CBD pills and capsules just like any other medical pills and can easily be integrated into your daily routines. It is also easy to store and carry around.
Just like other CBD products, CBD capsules and CBD pills offer you a wide range of health benefits, including;
• Reducing insomnia- Because of its calming and relaxing effects, CBD helps you sleep better and for longer.
• Reducing stress, anxiety, and depression- By interacting positively with the serotonin receptors, CBD offers anti-depressants effects. Serotonin regulates happiness and mood.
• Inflammation and chronic pain- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD offers relief for inflammation and pain.
• Skin conditions- The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD help reduce acne breakout and improves your skin conditions.
• Reduces seizures and epilepsy.
Side effects are rare when using CBD pills and capsules. However, some of the minor ones you can experience include;
• Changes in appetite.
• Dry mouth.
• Weight changes.
How To Buy The Best CBD Pills And Capsules
With CBD popularity increasing, there has been a lot of manufacturers and distributors, which has resulted in many sub-standard products. To get highquality CBD pills and capsules, here are a few things to consider;
• THC concentration- The legal amount of THC allowed in CBD products is 0.3%, which ensures that the products have no psychoactive effects on you.
• Independent test results- Since the FDA does not have regulation guidelines for CBD products, ensure you buy from a vendor who has had certificate of analysis from a third party laboratory to ascertain the purity, safety, and potency of the product.
• Ingredients- Look at the ingredients to ensure that there are no ingredients that will cause allergic reactions.
• Source of the hemp plat- Where and how the hemp plant was grown determines the credibility and quality of the CBD. Look for CBD pills and capsules extracted from hemp plants grown organically in the United States.
• Method of extraction- There are different ways that the CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, and some of the methods involve using chemicals like butane, which may affect the quality and the composition of the product.
*CBD has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers or doctors not directly affiliated with Eden’s Herbals.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking CBD. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication that is not FDA approved.
Hold On For Just One Second!
Before you leave, sign-up for our newsletter
- 10% Off Your Next Order