What better way to get your daily does of CBD than in a delicious chocolate brownie? These brownies are infused with CBD and believe it or not, made with black beans.It might sound crazy but by making the batter with black beans, the resulting brownies are dense and chocolatey, and don't require any flour to bake! Trust us, these CBD brownies taste as good as they look!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 Brownie
CBD PER SERVING: 42mg
1 15 oz can black beans (drain and rinse)
3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
¾ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup cane sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ cup dark chocolate morsels
500mg CBD Isolate Powder from Eden’s Herbals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Add all ingredients (besides dark chocolate morsels) and blend/puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Lay down parchment paper in a shallow baking dish
- Pour batter into parchment lined baking dish
- Top with ½ cup chocolate morsels
- Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides. I found mine took about 25.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist – that’s the point.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer. These brownies are very good eaten cold or warm.