CBD Beauty Products
Beauty and cosmetics are always evolving, with new products and trends constantly emerging. In recent years, one trend that has gained significant traction is the use of CBD in beauty products.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis plants. Unlike THC, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects and is instead known for its potential health benefits. These benefits include reducing anxiety, relieving pain, and fighting inflammation.
Recent studies have also shown that CBD can be beneficial for the skin. It can help to reduce inflammation and redness, fight acne-causing bacteria, and even provide anti-aging benefits.
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- Benefits of CBD
- CBD for Skincare
- How to Make your Own CBD Skincare Products
- Final Word - CBD Beauty Products
With all of these potential benefits, it's no wonder that CBD beauty products have become so popular in recent years. If you're curious about trying CBD beauty products, here are a few things to learn and a few easy DIY products to try.
Benefits of CBD
CBD is a chemical found in marijuana. CBD doesn't contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana that produces a high. The human body contains an endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps regulate various functions, including sleep, appetite, pain, and immunity. CBD binds to your CB1 and CB2 receptors
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
CBD has been shown to offer a wide range of potential health benefits. These include reducing inflammation, relieving pain, fighting depression and anxiety, reducing nausea and vomiting, and helping to fight cancer. In addition, CBD has also been shown to be beneficial for the skin. It can help to reduce inflammation and redness.
CBD For Skincare
Given the benefits that CBD has to offer, this also opens up doors to all the amazing benefits it provides for our skin as well! Below are just some of the skin conditions that CBD has been proven to help:
Acne- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce the redness and inflammation associated with acne. In addition, CBD can also help regulate sebum production, which can help prevent breakouts.
Eczema- CBD's anti-inflammatory properties can help to soothe and calm irritated skin. In addition, CBD can help to lock in moisture and protect the skin's barrier.
Psoriasis- CBD's anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects can help to reduce the inflammation associated with psoriasis. In addition, CBD can also help to reduce the itchiness and discomfort often associated with this condition.
Making Your Own CBD Beauty Products
Since CBD is so versatile, it can be added to most DIY oils, lotions, foods, and even beverages! Below are a few simple and effective DIY beauty products! This will include recipes using CBD Isolate, CBD oil, or CBD lotion!
Moisturizing CBD Body Lotion Recipe:
- 3/4 cup distilled or spring water
- 3/4 oz beeswax
- 1/4 cup of an oil base (MCT Coconut oil works just fine)
- 1 fl oz (30ml) CBD oil ( THC-Free or Full Spectrum Oils can be used)
- Essential Oils ( your preference)
- Using a double boiler, slowly heat up the oil base and beeswax and stir well until the wax is melted and incorporated.
- Add your CBD oil and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add 3-4 drops of essential oils
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, and slowly add your water and mix well (you may not need all the water, mix until desired consistency)
- Pour your lotion mixture into a mason jar for tight storage
CBD Bath Bomb Recipe
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 3 tbsp. CBD oil ( THC-Free or Full Spectrum Oils can be used)
- 1 tsp. water
- 10 drops of essential oil of choice (optional)
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix the baking soda, cornstarch, and Epsom salt in a large bowl.
- Slowly add in the CBD oil and mix until completely combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water and mix again.
- The mixture should be crumbly but stick together when squeezed. If it's too dry, add more CBD oil; if it's too wet, add more baking soda.
- Add in the essential oil and food coloring, if desired. Mix until completely combined.
- Fill a silicone mold with the mixture, pressing it firmly into each cavity. Let the bath bombs dry for at least 2 hours before removing them from the mold.
- To use, drop one bath bomb into a tub of warm water and enjoy!
CBD Face Cream for Acne Recipe
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1 tsp vitamin c powder
- 1 tbsp. jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 2 tsp rosehip seed oil
- 3-4 drops of lavender oil (optional)
- 50mg CBD oil
- In a small bowl over a double boiler, melt the shea butter down
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the rest of the remaining oils to the mixture, followed by vitamin c powder.
- Pour mixture into an airtight 4 oz container or mason jar and allow to sit in the fridge overnight
One of the most popular types of CBD beauty products is acne face cream. CBD face cream can be used just like any other face cream, but it may offer additional benefits thanks to CBD. Use this recipe to help clear up breakouts fast!
CBD face cream can help to reduce inflammation and redness, fight acne-causing bacteria, and even provide anti-aging benefits.
Final Word - CBD Beauty Products
Now that you know all about CBD beauty products, it's time to start incorporating them into your own beauty routine! DIY recipes are a great, fun way to get started. DIY products can be made at home using CBD Oil, CBD Lotion and even CBD Isolates! Still, many ready-made CBD beauty products are also available on the market.
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
The articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers, or doctors not directly affiliated with Eden's Herbals.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects before taking CBD. Always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication that is not FDA-approved.