10 Best Uses of CBD Edibles, Topicals, and Vape Products
Cannabidiol oil is becoming a major health trend. As cannabis legalization gains ground, more and more uses are being found for a product that, society more and more realizes, is incredibly useful. There are many things worth knowing about this all-natural substance and its properties. First and foremost, it cannot get you "high." It is not a hallucinogen, and will not interfere with your brain chemistry in that way. For that reason, it is not for those seeking a cheap thrill, but rather for those interested in a better, more holistic, and more natural life. Here are some ideas for what it can be used for.
First and foremost, it cannot get you "high." It is not a hallucinogen, and will not interfere with your brain chemistry in that way. For that reason, it is not for those seeking a cheap thrill, but rather for those interested in a better, more holistic, and more natural life. Here are some ideas for what CBD can be used for.
CBD Oil for Epilepsy
1) There's very strong evidence that CBD Oil can be used to control epilepsy. Some of the worst forms of childhood epilepsy, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), don't respond to anti-seizure medications at all. They have, however, repeatedly responded to CBD in numerous clinical trials. CBD was shown to reduce the number of seizures suffered by patients, and sometimes to terminate them altogether.
CBD Oil for Pain
2) Many have found CBD useful in treating pain, particularly that which results from chronic ailments such as arthritis or muscle spasms. How effective Cannabidiol seems to vary by individual, and by the level of pain that they are in. Headaches, for instance, are more treatable than chronic conditions.
CBD Oil for Anxiety
3) Anxiety is perhaps the most alarmingly widespread mental health condition that people deal with. It's experienced by people in all walks of life, many different occupations and locations, and in any number of settings. One feels it in social situations, while stressing about a major life event, or simply worrying about the future.
People spend small fortunes on psychological and medical remedies, as well as lifestyle changes like experimenting with diet or practicing yoga. All wonderful things to try, of course, but CBD oil may furnish another powerful arrow for the quiver. People use it when they know they're about to encounter a stressful event, or throughout the day for more chronic sufferers.
CBD Oil for Insomnia
4) Just like anxiety, insomnia is a major cause of discomfort and stress for many people. Short-term insomnia afflicts about 30% of adults; long-term insomnia, 10%. But this wretched condition is no mere nuisance. Sleep is one of the most underrated basic needs in contemporary society. One needs sleep just as surely as one needs food and shelter, and the consequences of bad sleep are as unhealthy as those of a bad diet. Many people are starting to find all-natural CBD oil helpful for this condition. It can be ingested using CBD Edibles like CBD Gummies or inhaled using CBD Vape Oil as a kind of aromatherapy.
CBD Oil Inflammation
5) Inflammation is a major health concern, though one seldom understood by the wider public. It is the body's natural immune response to disease and foreign bodies, as the body's white blood cells and the substances they produce flock to protect us from the threat. But sometimes there is no threat, and the body's defense system ends up attacking the body itself!
One of the most widespread problems caused by inflammation is arthritis. It can also cause fever, chills, and lethargy. Fortunately, CBD oil has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects to soothe this vexatious problem. It can be ingested as a CBD tincture, CBD gummies or even a CBD Vape Oil, which is especially helpful for internal inflammation, or applied externally using a CBD salve or lotion to the skin and joints.
CBD Oil and Skin Care
6) People are using it to clear up their skin. While acne and skin discoloration are not as essential to human well-being as good sleep is, it goes without saying that they are major sources of discomfort and embarrassment. If you happen to break out on the eve of a major social function, remember that CBD's anti-inflammatory properties may be useful in controlling the growths. CBD is one of the few medical products that can be taken internally and externally!
CBD for Workout Recovery
7) Exercise is essential to healthy living, and nothing feels better, or is better for your health and appearance, than an invigorating workout. But workouts come with risks, as most of us realize. One must stretch carefully before and after, consume water and electrolytes, and pace oneself carefully to avoid injury or dehydration. Many weightlifters have found that CBD gummies or supplements are very helpful at alleviating the days of soreness and stiffness that often follow a workout.
CBD and Hyper-activity
8) Unlike its mind-altering parent plant cannabis Sativa, whose tendency to induce stupor and foggy thought is well-known, CBD has been widely employed to help people develop a relaxed focus for some task that urgently required it, such as studying for a test. There is increasing anecdotal evidence and some preliminary clinical evidence pointing to CBD's power to reduce hyperactivity, a common symptom of ADHD. This, in conjunction with the stress- and anxiety-reducing properties discussed above, provides an enormous boost to focus and concentration.
CBD Oil for Opioid Addiction
9) There are many who are turning to CBD to help recover from addictions to opioids and other common substances. It is VERY IMPORTANT to note that anyone thinking of using any substance for addiction recovery MUST consult his or her medical or mental health provider first. Although there have been increasingly promising studies showing that CBD oil can help with recovery, any such attempt should only be done under the care of an expert.
CBD Vape Oil and Cancer Treatment
10) Another word of caution is in order for this last one. Many patients in treatment for cancer have turned to CBD oil to ease some of the side effects of chemotherapy, particularly nausea, depressed appetite, and pain. Many of the medical benefits discussed above, such as CBD's ability to sooth inflammation, lend it to this incredibly important purpose. Again, however, any patient seeking to supplement cancer care with CBD or any other substance MUST seek the advice of his or her medical professional before doing so. There is growing evidence that CBD oil can help, but every patient's specific situation is different. Don't play games with a deadly disease!
So, there you have it. Once maligned, demonized, and relegated to the black market, cannabis has staged a massive public comeback. Legalization of medical marijuana is proceeding apace in many U.S. states, and is nationwide in Canada. As products such as CBD vape oils and gummies are becoming increasingly available on the market, anecdotal evidence about their benefits is likewise proliferating. And the closer medical science looks at the potential of cannabis and its products, the more potential is being seen. It is to be hoped that, whatever your personal experience with CBT, it can better inform the growing public dialogue on the subject.
CBD has not been approved by the FDA to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers or Doctors not directly affiliated with Eden’s Herbals. Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking CBD. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication.
Hold On For Just One Second!
Before you leave, sign-up for our newsletter
- 10% Off Your Next Order